“I’m a mother and a partner, a visionary business owner, and
I have eight chickens.”
Let me tell you why I do what I do.
I have two pivotal moments to share.
Okay so here are a few things you know about me from these videos:
- I grew up in an African American neighborhood during the 1960s and 1970s.
- I was an Ivy League professor who escaped academe by going into network marketing.
- Bob Proctor changed my life.
- I communicate with non-physical Guides and Angels.
- I love to dance.
- I can hide with the best of them.
- I know how to make money, and I can teach you, too.
Here are a few more things:
- I do not have all the answers.
- I am good at asking penetrating questions, and seeking out effective solutions. (Getting a PhD taught me that.)
- Paradoxically, I am perpetually optimistic and I am my own worst critic.
- I have dedicated my life to spiritual evolution for myself and in my work.
- I know we’re in one hell of a portal right now into the New World Age, and I’m along for the ride with you.
- I will always have a coach, and multiple additional supports. I cannot do what I came here to do with anything less.
- I founded Soul Signature Marketing in April 2010, and broke $200,000 in revenue in my first full year in business.
- I’m a Certified Clarity Breathwork® Practitioner and Trainer, and had a thriving practice in the San Francisco Bay Area for a number of years.
- I am a qualified Awakening Your Light Body Teacher, and am a dedicated student and teacher of the work of Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer, channels for Orin and DaBen, respectively.
- I worked as a high-level consultant in the field of Community Development while I was pursuing my training in the healing arts and as a spiritual teacher.
- I am a Platinum Distributor with the health and wellness, network marketing company, Nikken, though I no longer build that business.
- I am the author of The Slumbering Volcano: American Slave Ship Revolts and the Production of Rebellious Masculinity published by Duke University Press, 1997. I also authored a highly influential article on Toni Morrison’s novel, Beloved, called “Call and Response as Critical Method,” which was published and republished numerous times (I won’t bore you with the specifics).
- I was the Undergraduate Director of Women’s and Gender Studies at Columbia University for five years during the 1990s.
- I have 26 years of formal education, including a Masters and PhD in Literatures in English with an emphasis in Women’s Studies and African American Studies from the University of California, San Diego.
- I won the Senior Math Award at Darrow School, where I finished high school.
- I was on Garfield High School’s swim team for two years and was particularly good at the backstroke.
- I made money babysitting and cleaning houses when I was a teenager.
- I was a Camp Fire Girl for eight years and really did not like the Girl Scouts.
- I have never been more than a few months without a cat.