“If you really knew me, you wouldn’t trust me.”
The thought passed across her mind—again.
- “How can anyone trust me? I say I’m a healer, but look at me! I’m sick again! I’m tired, I have a cold, and my leg hurts. If people really saw what my life is like, they would never trust me to help them. I mean, who do I think I am to help others when I keep having so many troubles myself? I mean, I’m not very believable, am I, when I can’t even heal myself?”
- “If you really knew me, you wouldn’t trust me. I mean take a look at me. Here I am again, needing to make money again this month. I managed to pull it out last month. And sure, I paid all my bills, and I even hired that new assistant I know I needed. But here I am again back at nearly zero at the beginning of the month. It’s just a few days away, and I can see it coming. How can anyone trust me to help them with their money, when I keep being in this position myself? I say I’m a money coach, but what a crock that is!”
- “Yeah, right. So I say I’m all about women’s empowerment, right? And I can’t even speak up clearly about what I want in my relationship! I did it again. I let myself do what he wants instead of saying what I want. It’s such a frigging habit, I can’t stand it! Sure, I enjoyed myself. It’s not like I don’t like those people or want to spend time with his friends. It’s just that I also want to do other things that are more what I enjoy. I can’t believe it. If people were to see how I don’t stand up for myself, they would never want to work with me. I mean, I wouldn’t work with me—I am so lame sometimes!”
Ouch. Double, triple ouch. Unfortunately thoughts like these are all too common. They can eat away at you, carving out your confidence from the inside. They can lead you to want to take more courses, get more certifications, and withdraw from doing the outreach and invitations you need to make to make your business a success.
Do you ever feel like a fraud, like if people REALLY knew, they wouldn’t trust you or hire you?
Okay, B R E A T H E.
The good news is that you are not alone.
So many people have these thoughts! The most amazing people I know have these thoughts—and that includes you. Curious, huh?
Get this—feeling like a fraud is a pattern of thought—a common belief system—that is not true in any real sense. Even more, it’s probably not even yours! This is an archetypal attitude—let’s call her Felicia, the Fraud. No matter how well things are actually going, no matter how many people she has actually served to lead better lives, no matter how far she’s actually come in her own development, this nagging habit of thought casts aside all of that.
Yes, of course, it’s that “not good enough” or “not enough” script.
But what I want to point out today, is that this takes a particular form for people in the healing arts and transformational fields. Because historically those with intuition, those connected with herbal remedies and earth spirits, those women who knew in their bones how to guide a birth—and that’s most of us—we were systematically persecuted, discredited, outcast or killed at different points in time, in locations across Europe and the Americas. Yes, there was a time when it was dangerous to be us.
And we carry the memory of that in the cells of our bodies—and the frequency of our energy fields.
Another piece of good news.
All of that is changing now. Faster and more powerfully than ever.
Because in this year of potent change, now more than ever, you can release all the wounds and patterns of those earlier times. You can let it go. That’s why so much is coming to the surface now, and you may be experiencing fear, or stress, or thoughts of being a fraud or not good enough so strongly. Because it’s time to let it all go.
Whether you are paying attention to the astrology and the conversation around 2012 or not—you KNOW that something BIG is up. You can feel it in your bones.
The call for freedom is stronger than ever. The push to heal and grow is stronger than ever. The support for evolution is stronger than ever. So use it. Use it.
See your patterns. Love yourself anyway. See your “short-comings.” Accept yourself anyway. Notice the punishing voice in your head of Felicia the Fraud. Embrace yourself—and her—anyway.
Now is the time of rapid and miraculous change. Ride the wave.
If I really knew you, I would be awed by your LIGHT.
YOUR ACTION STEPS:
- Take a few moments and go inside. Notice what thoughts have been running around inside your mind about your abilities, your worthiness, your ideas of perfection and how you may not be meeting them. Aim to notice without either believing them, or judging them. Just notice.
- Breathe deep. Breathe in your own soul essence, breathe out the self-judgment.
- Now say this to yourself and see what pops out: “And the truth is . . .”
When you get the rest of the sentence, go ahead and write it here in the comment box below. I want to hear the truth! And you will move forward into your freedom one giant step by sharing it. Do it now!